Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Itenary for 7 days in Taiwan

Hi all,





I am from Malaysia and I plan to have a DIY trip to Taiwan. I%26#39;ve never been to Taiwan before and I have a plan to travel there around May 2009.



There are many questions in my mind about the place so here it goes:





1) 1st day at Taipei



I most probably starting my trip at Taipei since the airport for international flight landed there. I plan to go to 士林 Night Market. Therefor, I will need to spend my 1st night at Taipei, any 民舍 to recommend there?





2) 2nd day at Taipei



I will most probably strolling around Taipei City, 101大楼, shopping mall and eating around.





3) 3rd day - 淡水 or 基隆港 ?



Please suggest this as I do not have any idea about how this 2 place will be, some friends says 淡水 would be a better choice. Maybe spend a night here also. Need help here...





4) 4th day - If I happens to be at 淡水, I might travel to 八里 as well... spend another night there.



Any suggestion.





5) 5th day - Will travel to 八里?



Any suggestion on this. Any place of interest? I think I will spend half a day here and head back to 台南 or maybe 高雄.





6) 6th day - Heading back to Taipei for departure.



Any suggestion on this.





I am interested in taking photo and outdoor. Shopping is not actually my stuff so I will need a lot of suggestion on places of interest for nature lover, like 农场, 自然保护区。。。





Please help..





Thank,



Si Hao



ng_sihao@yahoo.com



Itenary for 7 days in Taiwan


Check out this thread as planning reference:





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293910-i9303-k587…





Check out the following site for farm stay. I%26#39;ve been to Ching Jing Farm and the view is really great. However you have 6 days 5 nights, I doubt you will have time to experience farm stay. Most probably you only have time to cover places in Taipei, Northeast of Taipei (Yehliu, Jiufen etc) and Taroko Gorge at Hualien.





Farmstay site:



taiwan-farming.org.tw/FarmingSocietyWebsite/…



Itenary for 7 days in Taiwan


yes, been chatting with one of my friend which has experience in Taiwan.





His suggestion:





3 days in Taipei 台北



3 days in Tainan 台南



1 day buffer for traveling.





The 3 days in Taipei should be covering 淡江, 士林 and 渔人码头。





3 days in Tainan should be covering 高雄 and 垦丁.





What say you.




If I undersand you correctly, you plan to cover Tainan, 高雄 and 垦丁 for the 3 days you have allocated? Personally I think it is very rush.





Kenting is further south from Kaohsiung, if not mistaken travel time is about 3 hours by bus. You will spend most of your time travelling rather than enjoying the view or the places. Unless you plan to extend your stay, say 10 days or more.





On my first DIY trip to Taiwan, I spent about 14 days and managed to do a round an island trip but feels a bit rush. We didn%26#39;t managed to cover Northeast Taipei (Yehliu, Jiufen etc) due to the weather. Of course we do quite a bit of shopping ;oD Our main transport at that time is via train.




I see, so my allocation of 7 days cannot cover as much place as I has stated.



Hmm.. let me reschedule...





Btw, If in Taipei, any place of interest that is in ';must not missed'; list? haha





We are planning to travel in a small group of 4... so my plan is to get a rented car to do the travelling... preferably at night to save some time.




Refer to the itinerary thread I posted earlier on to get some idea. Feel free to ask if you have further question. All the travel experts here will be glad to help you.





Oh...forgotten..for places to stay, if you plan to stay at Ximending, refer to the following thread:





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293910-i9303-k107…

No comments:

Post a Comment