Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Alishan

Hello,





How do I go about making payment to accomodation in Alishan? Many of them uses 匯款.



I am from Singapore, how do i 匯款?





If I dont book any rooms in advance for my trip on 1st March - 2nd March 09 to Alishan, will there be a risk that I cannot get a room?





Thank you.





Alishan


When the hotels speak of a wire transfer, they are referring to a transfer from the Taiwan Post Office or one of the local banks. I don%26#39;t think they take foreign wire transfers.





03/01 is a Sunday, so there should be less overnight visitors as people return to work. If you book your hotel first thing after arrival from a Taipei tourist agency, you should be able to secure a room.



Alishan


Hi! I%26#39;m Singaporean too. All my hotel bookings in Taiwan (SML, Alisan, Taipei...etc) don%26#39;t require me to make advance payment or deposit cos they know I%26#39;m not local. Everything is based on trust. ^^




Hi neuross, may i know which place are you staying in Alishan and SML?





How much are they quoting you?





Did you sign up any package like see the sun rise or tour around Alishan with the place you staying with?




Hi,





When the cherry blossom is starting on 15th March 09, does that means if I reach on 1st March , i will not be able to see the cherry blossom?




I%26#39;m going end of Feb next yr. ^^ I%26#39;ve booked at Xin Xin Minsu. The cheapest room is NT800 per night I think but I booked the NT1,200 per night room. It%26#39;s 3-5mins walk from Alisan train station I heard.




Oh! Just realised i%26#39;ll be staying at Alisan from 1-3 March. We might bump into each other. Hahaha.... Not sure if we will be lucky to see cherry blossom there but I%26#39;m crossing my fingers as well. :P




The annual cherry blossom in Alishan is usually held from 15 March to 15 April. You will see cherry blossom if you arrive on 1 March but probably not at its full bloom. Best spots in Alishan would be Alishan Police Station, Alishan Guest House and Alishan Work Station.




Thanks for da good news TaiwanDIY!




Is Alishan attraction easily accessible?



like



阿里山森林遊樂區



阿里山貴賓館



巨木群棧道(阿里山景點)



受鎮宮



慈雲禪寺



三兄弟.四姊妹



沼平公園



祝山觀日步道



達娜伊谷自然生態公園



頂湖自然生態公園



達邦風景區




Please refer to the following maps for the locations of these attractions:



Map of Alishan Forest Recreation Area: eng.taiwan.net.tw/lan/Cht/map/ShowMap.asp…



Map of Forest Railway Trail: eng.taiwan.net.tw/lan/Cht/map/ShowMap.asp…



Map of Alishan Surrounding Area: eng.taiwan.net.tw/lan/Cht/map/ShowMap.asp…



Maps and other information are obtainable from the Visitor’s Information Centre near Alishan Bus Station.





Alishan Forest Recreation Area is vast. There are directional signs with distances posted along the hiking trail to guide visitors. I took a 4-hours morning walk in the forest recreation area during my last visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment