Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Can I visit YMS and Beitou on 1st day of CNY?

Hello,



I%26#39;ll be in taipei from 22 Jan 09 to 27 Jan 09. I%26#39;m aware that shops are close on the 1st and 2nd day of Chinese New Year thus I planned to go Yang Ming Shan and Beitou on the 1st of CNY. Is it advisable to do that? I mean, are the tourist attractions open for view on that day??





I read from the forum that shops close ard 6.30pm on the eve of CNY, what abt the nightmarkets and restaurants??



I%26#39;m quite worried that my family%26#39;s reunion dinner will be cupnoodles in the hotel (-A- ;)



Please help me out!!



Many x 100 thanks!! hees.



Can I visit YMS and Beitou on 1st day of CNY?


Not all shops close; hotels, hot springs, and most restaurants will still be open for business. With Taiwan mired in an economic recession, many restaurants are banking on the Chinese New Year dine-out crowd. Also, Taiwan government will be handing out food stamps to all citizens on 01/18, so you can bet the restaurants will be open on New Years with all sorts of promotions trying to get a share of the pie.



Can I visit YMS and Beitou on 1st day of CNY?


Oops, my bad, the government is not handing out food stamps, but ';consumption coupons'; (basically just an euphemism for food stamps).





Anyway, I am sure there will be plenty of businesses open in Beitou during the New Years. YMS may be a different story. There are few vendors in YMS, and most are small mom-and-pop stores. If you visit YMS, your choices of food may be limited.




some restaurants would be closed, some not , on NY%26#39;s eve.If u%26#39;re banging on a reunion dinner, then u have to make reservations early, the popular restaurants usually sell out by end of year.Otherwise, no need for cup noodles, u could always eat out at the good old McDonalds n Kentucky.




i see.. Thanks for the replies!!



I%26#39;m all ready to set off HAHA. super excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment