Wednesday, April 25, 2012

1 Day trip from Taipei to Taroko - Is it possible

As stated in title, I am planning to stay at Taipei and take a 1 day trip from Taipei to Taroko which is located at Hualian. Is it possible?

I don%26#39;t plan to move to Hualian because I am not on backpacking so moving the luggage around could be tiring and troublesome...Just 2 middle size for 2 of us.

If there is really not possible...what is other travel itineray and accomodation that you will suggest for a 2 days 1 night trip at Taroko?

Needs this information urgently. Thanks for the help in advance!

1 Day trip from Taipei to Taroko - Is it possible

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

A discussion on the topic:

tripadvisor.com/鈥?788572

1 Day trip from Taipei to Taroko - Is it possible

Yes, it can be done. Arrive in Hualien by 10:30AM, tour Taroko by cab, then take the train back to Taipei in the early evening. The Tze Chiang train takes about 3 hrs.; Tze Chiang Taroko takes about 2 hrs.

http://163.29.3.98/TWRail_en//index.aspx

On the drop menu, select ';Taipei/Taipei'; and ';Hua-lien/Hualien';, meaning Taipei area, Taipei Station and Hualien area, Hualien Station. Tze Chiang Taroko is indicated by the two green triangles.


hi all,

Thanks for the fast reply. Really appreciate it.

I have further questions regards to my topic.

1) When i check the train schedule, I believe this is the tze ching taroko, but it says Shulin to Hualian, when is shulin? Is it near Taipei?

Tze Chiang 1091 -- Shulin To Hualien 08:00 10:08 2h 8m

2) After arriving at the Hualian train station, how long does it take to reach taroko if taking a cab?

3) As for the traing going back from Hualian to Taipei, I found following 2 options. Will taking the 5:40pm train back to Taipei gives me enough time to tour Taroko? 2nd option gives me more time but i know now is winter so probably it is useless to stay beyond 5pm at Taroko. What would be your advise?

Tze Chiang 1089 Mout Hualien To Yuanlin 17:40 19:51

Tze Chiang 1096 -- Hualien To Shulin 19:30 21:45 2h 15m

4) What do i lose by not staying overnight at Taroko? E.g Sunrise?

Appreciate your fast response as i am traveling next week and now trying to firm up my hotel booking (which is quite late too) :(


Anyone could help me with above questions?


Hi,

I asked almost the same question in another thread.

I should be taking the 8-10 1091 train to hualien and the 1725 train to jiaosi hot spring.

According to the experts, taroko needs one day. But some of my friends who have been there have said that although it will be rushed, but its still do-able, perhaps missing out on the most far sites. I booked Mr Lu Lai Fu though.

:) Hope this helps.


I did this tour since I was traveling solo. It%26#39;s with a tour bus and a flight (Taipei-Hualien) and a return train ride back to Taipei:

www.havefuntravel.tw/show_hotel_lobby_09.asp


Glad you bumped up your post.

1) That%26#39;s right, when you check the timetable, it will show the departure station and final station of the train---Taipei being only one of the stops along the route. (Click on the train no. to see the entire list of stations.) It%26#39;s important to be aware of the final destination, because when your train to Hualien arrives in Taipei, they will announce ';train to Taitung'; or wherever its final destination is, and not ';train to Hualien';. Same for the train back to Taipei---if its final destination is not Taipei, they will not announce ';train to Taipei'; but rather ';train to Shulin';, etc.

2) It takes about 20~25 min. to reach Taroko by cab from Hualien Station.

3) That%26#39;s right about it getting dark at 5PM in the winter. Since everyone will be thinking the same thing, tickets on the dusk train will be a hot item. :)

4) People who stay overnight in Hualien have time to relax and play with firecrackers, experience a minsu stay, visit Farglory Ocean Park, and go cycling, among other things. In other words, one day for the mountains and one day for the sea---you get to see both sides of Hualien.


Thanks a lot for all the reply.

I will do it in 1 day from Taipei without staying at Hualien. I am going there tomorrow. I am already in Taipei now :)

Anyone has contact of Mr Lu Bai Fu or any other cab driver?

How much is the fare for taxi if i book the driver to bring me to taroko, bring me tour taroke and send me back to the station? i.e book the cab driver for about a day.

Thanks.

  • cryptoapi vs capicom
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment