Monday, April 23, 2012

Thank you Taipei Alive

I followed one of your threads in my Taipei trip. I checked out many threads in planning my Taiwan trip, some forumers%26#39; names I forgot, I went as far back as 2007. To all forumers new and old. Thank you all. I don%26#39;t think I will enjoy my trip this much if I follow or book a standard tour trip from a travel agency. Taiwan is made more fascinating if viewed from the personal eye of an adventurous traveler. Might even made an itinenary for a trip with my 3 kids this summer. I feel very safe in Taiwan and the people are very friendly and helpful, even rummaging over a lot of stuff in the night markets for an article of interest and finding none, the vendors do not get angry or make a face, they thanked you sincerely for checking out their goods. At one point when we were craning our neck checking out the stops on the Bus info board, an ';Ah Peh'; voluntarily approached us and point us the correct direction to catch the bus. Amazing but true.



Thank you Taipei Alive


Hi DancingfeetManila,





Are U referring to myself %26amp; the little I shared in the forums?





If so, U%26#39;re most welcome. We all help out here where we can - expert or not.





I saw yr recent queries in these forums and hadn%26#39;t contributed - simply because the answers U sought were already responded so well to by the other experts/ forumers. ;-)





As I always say - an overflow of info can be a bad thing to visitors seeking answers. Try as we will (especially as local experts), we%26#39;ll provide answers while avoiding overwhelming forumers with info for their pre-tour planning.





Btw, when we were in Leo Foo Village theme park in Nov 08, there was alot of Filipinos. We were all in the action: moving along the queues eagerly, getting splashed and drenched in the boat rides - AND laughing at one another thru the activities, even when we were complete strangers!





Yes, TripAdvisor Taiwan forums are excellent for planning yr Taiwan tour: do-it-yourself style!





See U around!





TA :-)



TaipeiDreams.com

No comments:

Post a Comment